Saturday, November 26, 2011

What are the colors of the rainbow?

The other day, it occurred to me... We all see differently. Not like beauty being in the eye of the beholder(which might be vaguely related to this), but colors.
Look at something that's blue. I see blue. You see blue. It's blue. That's just it! What you perceive as blue, in your eyes, might be seen through mine as red.



Blue. Obviously.
However, what if what your mind sees as blue, my mind sees what your mind sees as green? I've been told it's blue. You've been told it's blue. It's blue. But what I am seeing as blue, you might see as what I see as red... Our minds might perceive it at different hues.

Perspectives, I guess.

It's not provable, nor is it disprovable(I don't think).

Me and my dad discussed this the other day, and we concur about it, but have so far had insufficient conglomerate verbal skills to communicate it to someone else in a manner that makes sense. He almost makes sense, though.
My mom usually gets infuriated when me and him go off into our mutually-fed hypotheses. We have many. Sane people usually don't understand us.

No comments:

Post a Comment